There’s a problem with Agile QA Outsourcing and we have a solution.
Here’s the problem.
“Testers”, and particularly, outsourced software testers are poorly qualified to provide all the quality assurance services that you need in your Agile software projects.
Surprise! 80% of Quality Related Activities are Non-Testing Activities
Consider all of the quality-related activities in your agile software project:
- Requirements Generation – missing stories, creeping scope, dependencies, edge cases, acceptance criteria & story gaps
- Estimations – missing functionality, dependencies, more edge cases,
- Planning – regression planning, test automation planning, test strategy and planning
- Documentation – acceptance criteria, test data sets, configuration management
- In-Sprint – testing, defect reporting, test case creation, test automation, regression testing
You can easily see that 80% of the quality related activities are non-testing activities.
Why are “Testers” the problem?
Most “Testers” have little or no training in technology engineering, software development methods, or team work.
Most offshore “Testers” have been identified and selected as “Testers” because they are not qualified to be “Developers”. They may have experience testing, possibly even in an Agile software project, but they haven’t been trained in software engineering or software quality.
See the potential for issues?
How does TESTCo solve this problem?
But Wait, There’s More!
Another problem we frequently see with Agile QA Outsourcing is the fact that “agile” is different in every organization – sometimes it’s different on every project!
So….if Agile is different every time, what does Agile QA Outsourcing really mean? Well, we believe that it means that we adjust how we work to match how you work. We start every software testing and QA project the same way – with this question.
“We have a full toolbox but we’re only truly useful if we understand how to work *with* you. So, can you tell us your agile process and how you’d like to see us work with you?”
That’s where Agile QA Outsourcing starts at TESTCo.
Agile QA Outsourcing, the TESTCo Way
Test Engineers are technical specialists that have been educated and trained to deliver all of the software quality activities you need to have successful Agile software projects.
“Testers” can run the tests you give them or poke around to find errors.
When you have a Test Engineer on your Agile software project, you’ll see your Agile software projects become faster, better and cheaper.
Business Outcomes to Expect from TESTCo Agile QA Outsourcing Services
- Requirements are completed sooner with greater detail and fewer missing dependencies.
- Estimates are more accurate and delivered functionality is more complete.
- Plans are more accurate and updated more frequently.
- Documentation is up to date and sustainable.
- In-Sprint Testing is faster, better and cheaper
If your Agile QA Outsourcing is not making your Agile software projects better, faster and cheaper, then contact us and let’s discuss your unique situation and how we can help you. Not ready to talk, but want to learn more about software testing for Agile projects. I’ve written an informative report you can download here.