At some point, almost every company finds themselves faced with this problem:
- You need to test, fix and launch your new software version, website or mobile application to grow your business and achieve your goals.
- You don’t have enough time or talent to get it all tested with your internal team – or maybe you don’t have an internal team and the developers don’t really like to test
- You decide to seek help from an offshore testing company
- You Google “Offshore Testing” and start sending contact forms
- You get to participate in lots of “yeah, we do that too” conversations while talking with companies that actually do much more software development than testing. ( Sure, they have some testers and will sell you as many as you need).
- You’re left feeling misunderstood and “sold” without a real solution to your problem.
That’s probably not what you want and it definitely won’t solve the problem you have right now.
The Problem with Testers for Offshore Testing
The problem, as we see it, with that type of approach is that you typically wind up with the “second string” testers. You know, the people who weren’t really good enough for the A-List software development team but who make reasonably good software testers. This problem gets compounded when testers are not managed effectively – and “testers” require a lot of your management time. Cheap testers can and will do what they are told, but they typically fail to deliver real and immediate value when given a broad set of directives instead of a clear and finite list of testing tasks. Testers will also need additional training time in order to be effective with a new software application.
On the other hand, insisting on Test Engineers for your offshore testing needs almost always succeeds – even under the most difficult and challenging situations. Add a QA Manager to help the Test Engineers build effective strategies and plans and you have a powerful software QA team to achieve your goals and launch your software on time.
Missing QA Managers = Missing Value?
Most offshore testing companies don’t have the ability to add a QA Manager to your project because their rates are too low or they lack the talent because they just sell testers.
A QA Manager on your offshore testing project can mean the difference between “getting some testing” and “achieving your goals”. TESTCo provides a QA Manager on EVERY project because we’re committed to achieving your goals.
Here’s where a QA Manager on your project makes a difference.
- QA Managers ensure that the business and technical value you’re seeking are delivered.
- QA Managers evaluate QA Strategies and build QA and Test Plans for Test Engineers to execute.
- QA Managers work with you to adapt our offshore testing work and outcomes to your unique project and development methodology.
- QA Managers ensure that you are completely informed about our progress on a twice-daily basis so that we’re always focused on your most immediate needs.
Add a QA Manager to help the Test Engineers build effective QA strategies and test plans and you have a powerful offshore testing team to achieve your goals and launch your software on time.
TESTCo is a different kind of outsourced software testing company. Since we ONLY provide software testing, we ONLY hire and train Software Testing Engineers. We think this makes a huge difference and our clients agree.
Call me, if you want to talk about your next testing project. 888.254.9709